Rooster Springs Elementary Important Contacts
- Principal Steve Novickas – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Principal Kim Taylor – email@example.com
- Counselor Kimberlee Guerrero – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilitator of Learning & Innovation (FLI)
- Principal’s Secretary Shana Whisenant – email@example.com
- Receptionist Molly Handley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Records / Attendance – Zanna Ward at email@example.com
How to Join PTA
- joinpta.org or click on Join in the menu bar above
How do I Get Involved & Volunteer
- You can sign up to volunteer in the classroom, lunchroom, help out on the PTA, and more. To find out how, visit the PTA website at http://www.rsespta.org for volunteer opportunities or contact:
- If you want to volunteer in the classroom you will need to fill out paperwork at the front office for a background check (good for 2 years) or it can be here: Background Check Form
- Each and every time you enter the school you will need to show a picture ID
- More info on buying your lunch, field trips, school calendar and much more
What is the Thursday Folder?
- It goes out via email each Thursday of school updating you on upcoming events at the school the following week or can be found by end of day Thursdays at https://www.dsisdtx.us/domain/303
- Some handouts will come home in student folders as well but not all. Parents can opt-out of digital-only Thursday folders in the front office to receive paper packets of the files sent out digitally.
Spirit Sticks and Box Top Store
- What are Spirit Sticks: These are small embroidered patches students display on their backpack and come in fun themes for academics, sports, hobbies and other interests. RSES PTA sells spirit sticks during designated lunches and special events.
- Box Top Store: Box tops are collected during designated lunches and may be used to “purchase” special prizes for turning these into the school. These box tops are used to help raise funds for the school. Please remember you are only able to turn in those box tops which have NOT expired.
Regular Events & Activities of PTA
*Some of the events & activities may not be happening right now due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Tear & Cheers – first week of school
- PTA Meetings – 6 meetings at 7pm throughout year
- Movie Night in Fall – October
- Staff Appreciation Week – usually in May
- Talent Show – February
- Book Fair – April
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) (Pizza Night Kickoff in September and Frito Pie Night w/ Dads in January)
- Spirit Stores – alternating months on 2nd Fridays at lunch
- 5 Art Appreciation Projects throughout year